Calgary, Alberta, CA
|Date Posted||Oct 03, 2013|
|Education Level(s)||University - Bachelors|
At ARC, our strong track record of success has been built on our core belief that outstanding people, combined with a great corporate culture creates a winning environment.
We are currently seeking an experienced Exploitation Engineer. The successful candidate will have strong technical skills coupled with a passion for learning. Exceptional leadership skills are a must. This exciting full-time, permanent position is based in Calgary and reports to the Manager, Engineering.
The Exploitation Engineer will work within a multi-disciplinary team to identify, develop and execute opportunities within a defined geographic area.
Duties will include:
- Play a key role in recommending and implementing area development plans.
- Coordinate effective communication within a multidisciplinary team of Land, Operations, Engineering, Geology, Geophysics and other support staff; steward the overall cross-functional process, and ensure management is kept informed.
- Conduct economic evaluations in support of exploitation, exploration and acquisition activities.
- Work with Area team to develop, execute and track the capital budget program, as well as provide ongoing updates to both capital and production forecasts.
- Conduct basic reservoir studies and analysis on emerging exploration projects; engage specialist reservoir engineers for peer reviews and advanced reservoir engineering needs.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to improve existing depletion strategies.
- Review and guide 3rd party reserves evaluations, ensuring accuracy and integrity of the reserves evaluation process.
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of various regulatory applications.
- Identify, evaluate and bring forward acquisition opportunities within core area.
- Develop resource and economic justifications for land sale opportunities.
- Coordinate presentations on behalf of the asset team.
The ideal candidates will have 5+ years of Western Canadian oil and gas experience with a technical and commercial focus. Engineering degree required. Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills are essential. Must be able to balance multiple priorities and be comfortable working with ambiguity.
Specifically, we require:
- Well-rounded exploitation experience, including but not limited to:
- Experience working within multidisciplinary teams; with experience coordinating the efforts of the team
- Creative project design and management skills and experience
- Fundamental reservoir engineering skills
- Reserve assessment and analysis experience
- Production forecasting
- Log evaluations and interpretation
- A&D evaluation experience
- Good business aptitude and acumen
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written) required
- Strong computer skills with experience in the following programs are an asset: AccuMap (or GeoScout), PEEP, ValueNavigator, Oilfield Manager, WellTest, RTA, PW Outlook and Microsoft Office.
|Applications are being accepted until December 31, 2013
< < Back