Production Optimization Engineer/Technologist, Northeast BC
Northeast British Columbia
British Columbia, CA
|Date Posted||May 28, 2014|
|Experience Level(s)||Mid-Level, Senior|
|Job Type(s)||Permanent, Full Time|
|Education Level(s)||University - Bachelors, College - Technical Certificate|
At ARC, our strong track record of success has been built on our core belief that outstanding people, combined with a great corporate culture creates a winning environment.
We are currently seeking Production Optimization Engineer/Technologists for our Field Operations team in our Dawson Creek and Grande Prairie office. The Production Optimization team focuses on optimizing and developing ARC’s base production and plays a critical role in identifying optimization opportunities from wellbore to sales pipeline to increase volumes and improve reliability. A self-starter with exceptional leadership, communication and technical skills is essential.
These dynamic full-time, permanent positions will be based in Dawson Creek, BC, and Grande Prairie, AB, and will report directly to the Manager, Field Operations. Please note that the successful candidate will need to reside in or be willing to relocate to Dawson Creek or Grande Prairie.
The key responsibilities for this position are:
- Provide mentorship, guidance and technical knowledge to junior Engineers/Technologists on well servicing and optimization projects
- Identify and propose optimization projects that increase volumes, decrease costs and improve reliability.
- Program, coordinate and supervise well servicing and workover activities while ensuring that safe procedures and recommended practices are accurately followed.
- Support Production Operations Engineers to ensure recent development volumes are maintained and service rigs are coordinated.
- Support Field Operations with small maintenance capital projects, identifying and executing OPEX reduction opportunities.
- Work with the Production Operation Engineer to develop and execute the area optimization budget and reporting performance.
- Evaluate economics to determine viability of projects.
- Have a good working knowledge of both surface facilities and subsurface equipment.
- Assist Field Operations and Superintendents in achieving annual budget expectations for volume and cost control.
- Communicate schedule of operations to the area team.
- Manage data gathering programs, i.e. fluid shot programs in oil fields.
The ideal candidate will have 5 - 10 years of Production Engineering experience in both oil and gas with a strong desire to work within Field Operations. A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or an Engineering Technologist Diploma is required. The successful candidate must be a strong communicator with the proven ability to make effective operational and business decisions and must be able to balance multiple priorities.
The successful candidate will also possess the following key attributes:
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to communicate on a daily basis with Operations personnel, Engineers, Field Foremen, Field Operators, Management and external contacts.
- Strong knowledge of wellbore and gathering systems, optimization and debottlenecking.
- Experience with workover activities and completions is an asset.
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with oil and gas operations.
- Proven ability to successfully execute tasks and deliver results under pressure, safely, on time, and on budget.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning to accurately identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Strong working knowledge of the necessary computer programs.
- Strong business aptitude and acumen.
- A self-starter with a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Applications are being accepted until July 31, 2014
< < Back